WHAT TYPES OF DONATIONS ARE NEEDED?
Women in Transition has been extremely fortunate to have such a generous community supporting our cause. We receive countless phone calls, emails, letters, and Facebook messages asking how people are able to assist us. For those who are interested, there are a variety of ways to support our organization.
1. Quite often we receive phone calls from individuals in our community who generously offer to donate larger furniture items (kitchen table & chairs, couches, beds, dressers, etc.) to our residents. In many cases we are unable to accept these generous offers; we do not have a space large enough to store these items until the ladies move out. Our organization is looking to see if any businesses or individuals are interested in helping us solve this dilemma. If you have space to store such larger items and are willing to assist us, please call 457-2770.
2. We accept the following gently used items:
- Women & Children's Clothing (All Sizes)
- Bath Towels, Facecloths, Kitchen Towels
- Kitchen Items (Small Appliances, Cutlery, Dishes, etc.)
- Household Items (Mirrors, Décor, Lamps, etc.)
We always recommend phoning (457-2770) the day you are looking to stop by with donations to arrange a time that works for both parties. As we are working in a crisis environment, sometimes it's simply too chaotic to step out for a moment.
3. Women in Transition ALWAYS accepts the following NEW items:
- Laundry Detergent (HE)
- Dryer Sheets
- Cleaning Supplies
- Garbage Bags (Small & Large)
- Paper Products (Kleenex, Paper Towel, Toilet Paper)
- New Women & Children's Underwear
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Baby Wipes
- Gift Cards
- Walmart, Shoppers, Dollar Store
- Superstore, Sobeys, Giant Tiger
As of December 1, 2017...
After completing a quick inventory, these are some of the items that we are currently running low on
- Bras (All sizes)
- Nail clipper sets
- Phone chargers (Dollar Store)
- Nail Polish
- Adult Colouring Books & Markers
4. Christmas Sponsorship Program - Every Christmas our organization provides gifts for the women and children who were with us during the past year. We have been blessed with the community's assistance to make this program a success! There are several ways to help..
Sponsor a Family - This consists of providing Christmas gifts for a mother and at least one child. We typically have families of Mom and 1, 2, 3, or 4 children. If you and your family or business are interested in uniting to sponsor a small or large family, please phone us by the end of November.
Sponsor a Woman - This consists of providing Christmas gifts for one person.
Sponsor the House - We have been fortunate to have families and companies sponsor the house the last few years; we received a new wagon and a beautiful rocking chair last year. If you are interested in sponsoring the house and are looking for a specific item, please phone us to inquire. If you would like to make a smaller donation, we always accept the items listed above in section 3.